Step 1. Log in to your SolidOpinion account:
Step 2. Go to the "Your Sites" tab on the top panel of the website:
Step 3. Find the website you want to change the "Promoted Headlines" widget settings for:
Step 4. Click the "Settings" button:
Step 5. Select the "Revenue" tab:
Note: Make sure that one of the promoted widget types is selected as the main one in the "Style" tab (Promoted Comments, Promoted Comments + Regular Comments, Promoted Comments + Regular Comments (folded) or Promoted Headlines), otherwise the "Revenue" tab will be locked for changes.
Step 6. Adjust the "Promoted Headlines" widget settings:
1) Minimum bid for a headline – this parameter is used to set a minimum amount of points for a user to spend to make a bid.
2) Length – this parameter is used to limit the number of characters in the text of a promoted headline.
3) Expiration Time – this parameter is used to set expiration time for a promoted headline, it means that the promoted headline will remain visible to users for a period of time specified in the settings unless someone outbids it.
4) Allow URL – this parameter is used to enable users to add the landing page links to their promoted headlines.
5) Is it an Ad? – this parameter is used to mark a posted promoted headline as an ad to inform other users that your message is an advertisement.
6) Font Size – this parameter is used to change the font size of a promoted headline.
7) Justification – this parameter is used to center a promoted headline or align it left or right.
8) Shading – this parameter is used to set a background color of your promoted headline text.
9) Prefix – you can set "Prefix" before a promoted headline message, and add text or images.
10) Suffix – you can set "Suffix" after a promoted headline message, and add text or images.
11) Default Headline Options – these parameters are used to adjust the default placeholder message as well as look-and-feel of the "Promoted Headlines" widget.
Step 7. Confirm the changes in the "Promoted Headlines" widget settings by clicking the "Save Changes" button. Once it is done the message: "Settings were successfully updated" will appear at the top of the page.