SolidOpinion system allows you to flexibly manage certain threads by switching between moderation modes directly from the widget. This option allows you to control users’ comments in the threads which, in your opinion, need to be moderated differently from the default moderation mode, specified in the admin panel. You can not only change moderation mode but switch between them, in case you are willing to back to the default settings.This option is located in the top left corner of the thread:
There are three options available:
1. Pre-moderated thread. If the option is selected for the thread, the "Moderation" will be enabled for it. It means that comments will be visible to regular commentators after moderator’s approval. For more information about how to specify and how moderation works you can read here.
2. Post-moderated thread. If the option is selected for the thread, the "Post-moderation" will be enabled for it. It means that comments will be visible to regular commentators right after the publication and the moderation will be executed later. For more information about how to specify and how does post-moderation work you can read here.
3. Use site default moderation option. It returns the default moderation settings, specified in the admin panel. This option is specified as a default for each thread.
Note: The option is available for logged in administrators or/and moderators according to site settings.
You can customize the default moderation mode and access for the thread via admin panel. Todo it please follow the instruction below:
Step 1. Log in to your SolidOpinion account
Step 2. Go to the "Your sites" tab, choose the site you need and open the site Settings:
Step 3. Click on the "Moderation" tab:
1. In the "Moderation" section you can define the default moderation mode for the site.
If the radio button "Moderation" is active, you can define more filters, activating corresponding checkboxes:
- All comments. Moderate every comment posted on the site (except site administrator or moderator comments).
- Comments with links. Moderate comments with links.
- Comments from authors who have unconfirmed email. Moderate comments of users with unconfirmed e-mails in the SO database.
Note: If there are no active checkboxes, moderation will be turned off, so all comments will automatically have the "Approved" status with the "Approved" mark.
If the radio button "Post-moderation" is active, the post moderation will be turned on:
All the comments will be placed into the "Approved" tab with the "Approve" button active for further approval.
2. In the "Allow to set up pre/post moderation by thread for" section you can specify those who will be able to change moderation settings in certain thread:
- Admins only.
- Admins and moderators.