The "Comments" widget enables users to leave comments, gain credibility, win points and make discussions engaging with the help of various features and effects which can be used by users for points and for free.
The "Comments" widget is based on gaining reputation, so it naturally discourages misbehavior on your site. However, at the same time it’s not restrictive, which means that the widget setup entirely depends on the configuration or template the site owner chooses.
The "Comments" widget looks the following way:
1. The main information about the user (name, rank, amount of points available etc.) is gathered in the "Profile" section in the upper right corner of the user toolbar:
Within the "Profile" section a user can also "Buy Points" (which are necessary to use more effects in comments), check their "Public Profile" (it will redirect a user to my.solidopinion.com/user/ page), "Change Settings" (it will redirect a user to the SolidOpinion Comments profile page), or "Log out" of their profile:
2. Users can also take a look on:
- Community information:
- Profile information (it duplicates info described in the previous paragraph and also contains more detailed info about the user and their comments):
- Their profile activity:
- The "Help" section which gives helpful information about Bonuses, Power Moves, Opportunities for Expression and Ranks:
Note: Above there is an example of the widget with the Default current template selected in the Game Rules tab and Custom current template selected in the Ranks tab on the admin panel.
Features & Effects
The SolidOpinion Comments widget enables commenters to use different features and effects in their comments to make the discussion interesting and engaging:
- Vote comments “Up” and “Down”
- Put “Multi Like” and “Multi Dislike”
- Add emoticons
- Add images and embed videos
- Block other authors
- Mark other authors’ comments as spam
- Change other authors’ names and pictures
All features and effects can be found in the "Actions" menu in the user toolbar: